Any SIP compliant VoIP hardware (router, IP phone, ATA) should work with DrayTEL. Please note that we cannot provide specific technical support for hardware setup - please contact the manufacturer or supplier directly. We do have some setup screenshots for some of the more common models:
Grandstream 101 IP Phone
PA168 IP Phone
Grandstream GXP 1200
Linksys SPA 9000
Linksys SPA 9xx
For products not listed, configuration normally follows similar methods although config screens and terminology will vary between manufacturers. Here is some general advice:
- In your VoIP phone, adaptor or router's configuration menu there should be an option to define a SIP Server, SIP Registrar or SIP Domain value. Set the value to:draytel.org.
- For SIP Authentication, set your SIP User ID (or similar name) to your DrayTEL ID (eg 899999) and set the SIP Password to your DrayTEL SIP Password provided in your activation email (that is not your Voicemail password).
- If your device is behind a NAT firewall (router) then you may need to use the VoIP device's Outbound Proxy setting, set this to: nat.draytel.org:5065. Alternatively, if this setting allows you to define the port number (5065) in a separate field, set the IP Address to: nat.draytel.org and the port number to: 5065.
- Confirm/Save the settings (sometimes this requires rebooting your device). Once back online, dial 902 to confirm your configuration.
- If you encounter any problems, make sure that your Router or ISP is not blocking any traffic, specifically on ports 5060 and 5065 or UDP traffic.
- If you require assistance from DrayTEL, please include screenshots of your device's setup pages to assist us.